Monday, April 23, 2012

Some Kind of Change Train

I think I'm so stuck on all of the changes in my life that I feel I need to completely revamp everything.  I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily but it feels weird so far. I have a ton of things going on that just came into my life in the last month, two new jobs (one of which I'm already going to quit for sanity's sake), new friends, a wedding to help plan/be in (in September already, holy crap) and summer projects.  I guess that doesn't sound like that much but when I think about everything it involves, it's a little overwhelming, but somehow in a good way.  I have a lot to be excited about right now.  I just hope I stay on the exciting side and less on the stressed-the-ehf-out side. 

That all being said, I totally want to learn piano.  Like really learn it.  I always get this longing to be able to play when I hear it and maybe that's normal for everyone else who is obsessed with music?  I don't know, because most people I know are musicians, lucky talented bastards.
But when I sit and listen to Dan (the bf) and my friends making music, I get so incredibly jealous that I can’t be involved in something awesome like that.  I don't mean being in a band necessarily but to simply create such inspiring sounds. I want to do it for myself, simply for my own pleasure. I'd say worth it.  So after trying for basically the first time on Dan’s piano this weekend I think I could actually it if I practice enough.  Maybe I’d just learn the beautifully eerie piano parts of Radical Face’s music (that shit just takes over when I listen to it), that’d do it for me.  This weekend I learned/was taught the intro to one of their songs, and now I caught the bug and I almost bought myself an M-Audio keyboard this morning.  I know I could do it if I stay motivated, cause right now it’s all I can think about.  So why not, right?  I guess I just should, my new thing is trying to just do shit for me that’s going to make myself happy and this is one of those things.  I think I can justify it. 

Music has always been a huge part of my life, I think it’s time I start making it again.  Maybe I’ll pull out the dusty old clarinet, and pump out some tunes on that thing.  If I still can that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment